The automatic coffee machine is one of the results of technological evolution in the espresso machine sector within the domestic segment. Technological development has involved all the main elements that characterise a coffee machine: from machine design to the level of automation, from functionality control to energy-saving performance.
Automatic coffee machines
An automatic coffee maker automatically manages the entire coffee preparation process: from grinding the beans to making the drink. This machine model therefore allows you to prepare coffee as good as at the bar in all its variations: espresso, ristretto, lungo, macchiato. Automatic coffee machines also allow the preparation of all milk-based drinks (cappuccino, latte macchiato, caffelatte and hot milk) and hot water for infusing tea and herbal teas.
What are the components of an automatic coffee machine?
Super-automatic models are also called ‘Bean to Cup coffee machine’ because they are able to handle all the tasks involved in the preparation of a perfect espresso or creamy cappuccino in a matter of seconds. The main components that characterise these machine models are as follows:
- Integrated display: integrated displays improve access to key machine functions, allowing the user to make quick changes to beverage preparation variables.
- Touchscreen or push-button panels: allow the user to manage the main functions of the coffee machine and adjust drink setting preferences (length, temperature, intensity, etc.).
- Integrated grinder: allows the user to grind the coffee beans to the preferred grinding level.
- Water tank: usually integrated inside the machine avoids connection to an external water supply.
- Drip tray: positioned below the spout, it collects drops of water after the preparation or washing phases.
- Coffee grounds drawer: collects coffee grounds once the extraction process has been completed. The drawer is removable to facilitate the disposal of coffee grounds.
- Integrated milk carafe: present in the most advanced models, it allows you to emulsify milk to obtain a perfect froth for all milk-based drinks. The carafe is removable to facilitate refrigeration and cleaning operations.
- Steam wand: steam wand that can be used with milk jugs and pots to emulsify the froth and prepare cappuccinos and milk-based drinks in the traditional way.
How an automatic coffee machine works
The operation of automatic coffee machines is very simple. The only operation prior to switching on is to connect the machine to the mains. After filling the water reservoir and the coffee bean container, it is necessary to select the drink you wish to enjoy via the touch screen display or the classic button panel. The user can also customise the drink according to the functionality of the machine. The main adjustment functions are as follows:
- Drink length: allows you to choose the length of the drink according to your taste preferences.
- Drink temperature: allows you to adjust the temperature of the drink according to your preferences
- Coffee grinding degree: customises the grinding degree of the coffee beans: from the finest for a stronger taste, to the coarsest for a lighter coffee.
- Aroma and flavour intensity: allows you to obtain a coffee with a stronger aroma or a lighter taste according to your preferences.
How to clean an automatic coffee machine
To safeguard the use of the coffee machine over time, it is necessary to carry out cleaning operations correctly. Cleaning of the internal parts (such as the drip tray, the coffee grounds container and the water tank) must be carried out frequently depending on the level of use of the machine. Special attention should be paid to cleaning the milk connection tubes and the steam wand, which should be cleaned after each milk drink preparation cycle. The external parts can be cleaned using a soft, damp cloth, while the touch screen display can be cleaned with a microfibre cloth.
Most automatic coffee machine models perform a descaling wash when switching the machine on or off. The automatic descaling cycle, on the other hand, is prompted by the machine periodically and requires the use of a descaling product (liquid or tablets) to remove residual limescale in the internal components of the machine.
The advantages of an automatic coffee machine
Super automatic coffee machines allow a wide range of drinks to be prepared quickly and easily. Owning an automatic model implies a long list of advantages:
- Adapt to design: the new minimalist shapes and the wide choice of colours that characterise automatic models are able to adapt to all styles of décor.
- Save space: the small size and integrated grinder allow the machine to be placed without cluttering the kitchen countertop.
- Customise your drink: the adjustment features allow you to set and save drink preparation profiles and recall them directly at the touch of a button.
- Save time: new rapid boiler heating technologies and drink customisation features save a lot of time.
- Facilitate cleaning: Proper maintenance of an automatic coffee machine is very easy thanks to automatic cleaning functions and separately removable and washable parts.
Caffè Italia automatic coffee machines
Caffè Italia has a vast assortment of automatic espresso machines in its online stores. Caffè Italia distributes the main brands in the sector. Specifically, within the online shop you can find the following product lines.
Gaggia automatic coffee machines
Automatic coffee makers produced by the historic Italian company Gaggia and characterised by different levels of functionality and price. Gaggia coffee machines stand for guarantee and tradition and allow the user to manage the same operations as a professional barista in the comfort of their own home. Gaggia coffee machines are 100% Made in Italy and combine the latest technology with inimitable design to give you an unforgettable coffee experience.
Saeco automatic coffee machines
The collection of automatic coffee machines from the SAECO company guarantee state-of-the-art performance combined with high-level design. The SAECO company has a long tradition in the production and distribution of Bean to Cup machines that make the user enjoy a perfect freshly ground espresso coffee. The machines in the SAECO line are characterised by high quality components, ease of use and high functionality.
Philips Automatic Coffee Machines
Philips automatic coffee machines allow you to enjoy a wide variety of coffee drinks prepared with freshly ground coffee beans. Philips automatic models also allow you to prepare fresh milk beverages at the touch of a button, either with the traditional steam wand method or with the integrated milk system. All Philips models feature quality components, high customisation functionality and ease of use.
De Longhi automatic coffee machines
De Longhi automatic bean to cup coffee machines represent the perfect combination of technology and user-friendliness. The models in the De Longhi range allow you to prepare a wide range of beverages quickly in the comfort of your own home. All models are characterised by advanced customisation features that always allow you to get the best result from fresh beans to cup of coffee. De Longhi also offers a wide range of automatic machines suitable for the preparation of fresh milk drinks.
BEKO Automatic Coffee Machines
Beko automatic coffee machines are the ideal solution for those who want to benefit from the functionality of bean to cup models with a lower budget than the main models on the market. The Beko range comprises three models that differ in terms of the variety of drinks available (espresso coffee and milk-based drinks) and the type of milk system (integrated carafe or steam wand). The compact dimensions of Beko’s automatic models also allow them to be ideally placed within any destination space.