Sturdy stainless steel casing, brass components throughout and an upgraded commercial-grade steam wand make the Rancilio Silvia one of the most popular machines on the market. Simple, reliable and powerful, the Silvia espresso machine produces excellent espresso and silky milk foam for your lattes and cappuccinos. Here we provide a short guide to correctly prepare a coffee with the Rancilio Silvia. The information comes directly from the Rancilio Silvia manual.
Steam wand’s use with the Rancilio Silvia
Be aware of the following steps!
A – For best results: store milk at ≤ 5 °C (≤ 41 °F).
B – Warning: Hot surface
C – Check frequently the water level in the tank. Refill if necessary!
1. Switch on steam switch
2. Flush out residual steam condensation
3. Wait for steam to be generated. ATTENTION: wait for the orange light “boiler heating” to switch off
4. Submerge steam wand in milk
5.Open tap slowly
6. Close tap when the desired temperature is reached
7. Remove product when finished
8. Switch off steam switch
9. Purge steam to clean steam wand
10. Clean steam wand
11. Switch on the hot water switch, open tap slowly
12. Close tap as soon as water comes out of the hot water spout, switch off the hot water switch
Visit the official blog of Caffè Italia